For the past seven summers, I have been scooping homemade ice cream at a local shop in New Hampshire. In honor of July being National Ice Cream Month, and as the resident ice cream expert on site, I decided to investigate which frozen treats the PSG staff holds nearest and dearest to their hearts.
- Ken, a native of Ohio, admitted to loving his local shop’s lavender berry ice cream.
- Matthew also expressed a preference for a floral-infused dessert, citing his favorite flavor as rose latte.
- Don is easily satisfied by a scoop of plain chocolate.
- Tess loves Milky Way ice cream, but she occasionally switches it up and orders black raspberry or orange pineapple.
- Annette prefers peanut butter cup. To meet Annette’s standards, however, it must be either a chocolate or a peanut butter base with a fudge swirl. Pairing vanilla with peanut butter is simply a hard no, in her humble opinion.
- Colleen expressed a preference for a flavor I had never heard of before—a rare phenomenon. She described her favorite as a vanilla based ice cream with caramel and fudge swirls as well as brownie chunks.
- Kate also enjoys pieces of pastry in her ice cream—her favorite is strawberry cheesecake, a cheesecake-flavored base with strawberry flavor swirls and pieces of real cheesecake.
- Eileen was the only one to declare soft serve as her favorite, citing the classic twist on a plain cone as her preferred frozen treat.
- Rachel also enjoys a great classic, mint chocolate chip, and puts a fun twist on it in the winter by dropping a scoop into a steaming mug of cocoa.
- Alyssa has a passion for So Delicious’s dairy-free frozen treats, particularly the coconut flavor.
- Sarah prefers Lactaid’s cookies and cream flavor because it is made with real milk, giving it a similar taste to traditional ice cream. And because it also contains an added lactase enzyme, those who are lactose intolerant can happily feast.
For me, cotton candy ice cream from my own local shop will always hold a special place in my heart. While the PSG staff may have very different flavor favorites, we definitively all appreciate a good scoop—whether traditional ice cream or dairy-free friendly.