The reality of living in New England during the winter is that it is very cold and snowy. Why not escape that reality, stay indoors, and read about other people’s lives?
Here are some of the PSG staff’s favorite biographies and autobiographies.
- One of Kate’s top choices is Mindy Kaling’s Why is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? Kaling narrates how she started her writing career and gives behind the scenes information about her time on the US television series The Office. She also recommends Loung Ung’s First They Killed My Father for a more serious reading experience.
- Colleen has a rule that she will not reread books; however, Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer is the exception to that rule. She found Midnight Riders: The Story of the Allman Brothers Band to be another fascinating read.
- Melina fell in love with To Selena, With Love by Chris Pérez. The book is Pérez’s reflection on his relationship with Mexican-American singer Selena Quintanilla.
- Nora likes to read about the lives of writers. Her favorite book is Brown Girl Dreaming by Jacqueline Woodson. Also, both she and Melina agree Stephen King’s memoir On Writing deserves another blog shout-out.
- Tess has always admired Audrey Hepburn, so any biography about her will find its way on her reading list. She also loved reading about Natalie Wood’s background in Natalie Wood: A Life by Gavin Lambert.